Saturday, July 19, 2008

A ride with me......

It's really long journey for me for about 25kms up and down to my factory everyday. There is no company-provided cab or bus for us to pickup and drop and so I have to take my own transportations. Normally in dayshifts i use the sub-urb trains upto avadi and then a share auto to the factory gate.
And there is no train in midnights, so I use my bike during nightshifts.
On both the cases it's the FM Radio that accompanies me throughout my journey.
Esp., during night shifts I'll take the Ayanavaram-K4 PS-SBOA School-ONGC Park road – Golden flats – Wavin – Mogapaiar west-Vanagaram rd – Thiruverkkadu- Veeraraghavapuram route and as it's a bike journey I can stop wherever I want and have a nice tea/coffee (Esp.,K4 PS tea/coffee shop ) jus relax and hear those songs played in FM throughout.The route is a mixture of all I shud say , like , thru Ayanavaram its a narrow thin road with always a water tank lorry blocking it. Then in K4 as i said , it's the Tea/coffee shop where u feel like all sales executives of the city assemled at one place. A big NO PARKING board with all hypothecated bikes , numerous small cars , the chinna Yaanai's (Tata ACE load auto) parked infront of it. Infact its jus infront of the police station itself. Ofcourse, all these are very common in any of the big cities in India , but , what is not very common is a good coffee in a road side tea/coffee shop. But the "don't know whats the name" tea /coffee/tiffin shop gives u an excellent filter coffee for 5 rupees. Its so good that its taste remains in my tongue-buds uptill the "bullshit-ist" tea that I take in my factory by around 6pm (I start from my house by around 3.30pm) and that tea totally changes the whole mood , infact If one draws a pareto chart it will show that 80% of the occasions that my workmen get scoldings from me are only after this tea, for whatsoever may be the reason.











The SBOA route from 100ft road upto golden flats is a nice "sight-seeing" route, one can find a good number of pretty good looking girls of all ages in this route . There are numerous women hostels near ONGC quaters and Its like the Spring season of the whole route.Its a avenue kinda rd with tree shades on both sides and crossing girls along the road. What a chill ride. !

Then it's the start point of the asias biggest industrial estate – The Ambattur Ind Est. Its jus less than a km that i have to travel thru the estate ,but I can see so many things. Like the lengthiest containers turning in full speed from the est bus stand road onto golden flats. "Justu miss machi" kinda feel will cherish (?) u .Then the girls from the export garment companies, whom the boys of small scale industrial companies use to " route poottu , peelaa vittu , daavu katti , ushaar panni , ooram kattify " and the common thing u can notice in this, is that the combination keeps changing almost every alternate week. I had always wondered ,how-come these boys cud do it so fast (the sequence).
Then comes the (IT is new to Ind estate) IT field. The HCL , TCS tagged persoanlities. A specs , a neatly greased shirt, branded pants , perfectly in'ed , glossy shoes of the male or, a starch REVIVED salwar kammez , a Honda Activa, very less jewels of the females, all these seem to be perfectly ok ,but still they have a very stiff face on them and always looks very tensed . On the roads ,either they search for ATM centers or a cigaratte shop or at the worst case looking for an auto. I had always felt like asking them " boss ,whats the problem".
The west mogappiar route is a residential one and there u can see all the "Reliance fresh" , "More" , "Heritage Fresh" etc. the current dated FRESH type super markets in one single road in less than 50mts distance apart .How do they together do a good business is the real big question .There is a new Dominos pizza coming here it seems.
The Vaanagaram road is a "hidden" short route to ponnamalee High rd to bypass all the city traffics to reach upto karayanchavadi , from where, if ur travelling in a car, u can jus keep a full brick above ur accelerators and jus control ur steerings & u can reach bangi.
The common thing in the entire distance of about 2-3 kms is that the road penetrates thru a semi-slummish area, so the people of that place always wants to share the happenings in their life.Like ,u will find dozens of vinyl printed boards/banners along the road that carries , " Giri Weds Jesi " here Ultimate star Ajith smiles from the corner and the couple expects his wishes to them. On the next one Ilayathalapathi wud honour a "Kaathu Kuthum" function of Selvan .Selvaraj from the banners . Not jus Vijay , ajith , Rajini , kamal u'll also find local pisthas standing in a 50ft vinyl board , here he wears all the jewels that a male cant imagine, a thick lengthy moustache on his face and widely smiles at the travellers of that road. I use to wonder, what am I expected to do after watching these boards.U will also find locally arranged cricket , football matches around these areas. There is a nursing / pharmacy college present in this road which is an odd one out in that area. Sometimes those college girls tries to stop the bike riders of that route and I once had that experience in which, I jus started to shiver out-of-fear and jus rashed out of that area. I don't know why , may be , I thought " Would a fairly goodlooking homely typed girl asks for a lift ?" – Shit, typical conservative Chennai-ite thought.
Then thru the thiruverkadu route , u will find those yellow dhoti male and red sareed women pilgrims roaming here and there , except ,near the temple.Often I use to visit that famous Devi Karumaari Amman Temple and on all occasions I find there is no big crowd inside the temple , instead , number of yellow-dhoties & red-sarees and their siblings on the roads. I would understand that a temple is not just a worshipping place but also a social spot to mingle with people.
There is a govt primary school along this route and during my travel time , its their school leaving time. Those kids jus rash out of the school like huge wave and I worry I shud not hit them and not other vehicles too. Though they all wear an uniform ,it still clearly shows that most of them are from economically backward families. Their mothers wud be working as a servant maid, fathers in the nearby factories , brick ovens, paddy farms, cycle servicing shops , auto drivers etc. In jus a fraction of second It feels like very sentimental & emotional and I cud do nothing but to wish these kids to come up to great heights in their life.
Immediately after crossing the amman temple , u ill find a tidy shiva temple . it's a NOT Very Popular grade shiva temple and hence it looks very neat. It seems to be an ancient temple but I don't have any authentic infos on that.I once visited this temple. Here the uncommon fact is that Lord shiva with Parvathi , blesses his deities in actual Shiva (stone carved) form along with the usual Shiva-linga Form.











After that , in less than a km from this temple comes my factory. I wud jus cross small river and the the main road & enter into the factory maingate , unplug my earphone , in which , I was all along listening to various songs from any of those famous radio stations of the city.
I have to rush fast near the electronic attendance card punching machine ,becos I have to arrange work for around 100 workmen for the next 8.5 hrs. The machine sounds , semi-oily floor , half slept nightshift workers , fully tired relieving dayshift workers , yes, yet another night shift starts for me.
Observing people of variety of categories & varied social backgrounds is a different experience altogether. Above all it makes u forget that u travel a long distance , that too in a bike , which is actually a tiresome one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dilvis..Kalakkal write-up...keep giving us treats like this...